my best friend

my best friend
her name is saylor, and she'll love you no matter what.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Valentine's Day? .....

It's that time of year, in which Valentine's Day ads are popping up all over the place. You can't even walk into a store,get on the internet or turn the TV on, without having some sort of "deal" shoved in your face.  This brings up the age old questions of, is Valentine's Day really a Hallmark Holiday? My friend and I were discussing this yesterday, and we are both on the same page... Valentine's Day is geared towards those high maintenance girls who need the physical reminder they are loved (or.. liked), and take ravish on poor guys wallets... so is it a scam?! In my opinion, yes. But, that doesn't mean I can't enjoy it a little!!

I think it is silly for the girls who expect diamonds (haha from JARED no doubt..), dozens and dozens of roses, and want to be doted on hand and foot .. on this one single day of the year. But, I do think it is a good excuse for a yummy dinner (new recipes are alway thought about in my brain as it is) and maybe a little extra affection... but that can be done any day!! The memories of high school, when guys would come in with huge teddy bears, flowers and balloons..haha makes me laugh a little. I was a receipent of all those, and to this day remember the awkward silence standing there with all my loot, and nothing in return, except trying to contain my laughter. WOOPS! That sure didn't last long...ahh high school romance at its best! Or remember, how annoying it was you had to do a Valentine's card for EVERYONE in your class because you didn't want to hurt anyones feelings. So lame, although I was alway the girl who'd get Ninja Turtle cards for my friends..because I thought it was funny. My best friends got April, she was my favorite.

Now, I can't really hate too much on Valentine's Day since well, my birthday is in November and if you do the math...well..yea.. I may have most certainly stemmed from a love filled evening with a little too much champagne..and that's where my mind stops wandering (parent's don't "do it"!). But thank God it did happen, because..I'm here now for your blissful enjoyment, maybe that's the worlds best Valentine gift...not joking.

I am not bitter, I have a little Valentine crush myself  this year.. but I'm just saying... this "day" is a just bizarre to me...and incase you are wondering, in the course of writing this blog.. I've received 4 emails advertising Valentine's Day sales... but who doesn't love a good deal?!

Hope Cupid is good to everyone this year <3

No comments:

Post a Comment